College football is over (at least for the 'Noles) and all that really remains at this point is bowl season which is really just a joke. I still don't know how FBS division football can be as huge as it is and there is still no playoff system. Well, I do know. It's called greed, but that's a subject for another post. FSU embarrassed the Gators in the swamp and that would normally make me very happy, but the fact that we were pretty ugly in that game takes SOME of the satisfaction out. Not all, but some. After all, we're 4-0 against our in-state rivals over the last two years and I can't complain about that.
I know it's hard to believe, but yes – there are only 22 shopping days left until Christmas. And less if you're buying online. One year, I promise, I'm going to be prepared in advance for Christmas. I promise!
This week has been a great week that has seen some really great posts. John Saddington is on fire right now with his personal branding series, Jeff Rose wrote a brilliant post on SmartPassiveIncome.com for Pat Flynn, and it looks like Facebook is snatching up Gowalla.
- Facebook buys Gowalla – The behemoth grows this time scooping up Gowalla. I wondered what was going to happen to them as they just never seemed to catch on like Foursquare.
- The Death of Television – Please let this one be true! I know I'm tired of ridiculous cable bills. And with the rise of internet served video it can't come too soon.
- Tentblogger Alpha Test – I wish I was closer to Atlanta for this one and could figure a way to get my foot in the door. John Saddington is working on something new and needs three candidates for his new project which is sure to be awesome.
- An Introduction to Branding and Personal Branding Online – Fantastic series so far from John Saddington. This one bears going back over and re-reading and studying because there is wisdom here.
- Desire, Taking Action, and Getting Results – This is a fantastic post, and I mean fantastic. Practical, easy to follow and practical. Another one that I've saved and will refer back to in the future.
- We Need Dungeon Masters for the Real World – This one from Julien Smith is insightful, and downright challenging, full of great ideas.
- Playfully Serious: Interactive Sculpture with Killer Curves – I'm a sucker for cool architecture and art. At first glance this looks like a roller coaster, but when you look closer you see….
image by reidab