As I sit down with my coffee on this fine Saturday morning I – along with everyone else in Tallahassee – wait in eager anticipation of our match-up against Oklahoma tonight. It’s all anyone in town has been able to talk about since the final seconds ticked off the clock last week against Charleston Southern. I don’t know if anyone in Seminole Nation can think about anything else!
I’m cautiously optimistic about this game, knowing that last year the Sooners embarrassed us bad. I’m hoping for better things tonight.
This week there has been some really cool stuff going around that made its way in to my Good Stuff links. Amazon is testing a new idea for content delivery, a 5′ 4" basketball player earns a division 1 basketball scholarship and a Star-Wars like planet is discovered.
- Beginner’s Guide to Successful Conversion This is a great post that discusses several must-know aspect about converting visitors to your website. There is a TON of great information in this post and once again, I’m convinced how much I need to learn.
- Being Human is Good Business Our world is undergoing some serious changes in how business happens. The evidence is seen in companies like 37 Signals, and by thought leaders like Seth Godin and Dan Miller. This is a fantastic post about what customer service should look like.
- Star Wars Come True? I remember going to see the Star Wars movies when they came out in the theatreswhen I was a young kid. One of the coolest things about Star Wars is the planetary system where they lived, and now it doesn’t seem quite so "science-fiction".
- Netflix for Books? Now this is something I’d be very interested in. Amazon is exploring new "book buffet" option along with a new device rumored to be a competitor for the iPad.
- Artifacts from 9/11 The museum commemorating September 11th isn’t due to open until 2012 and is still under construction. However, here are a few items that will become part of the museum’s collection.
- How to Write a Blog Post in 70 Minutes or Less Michael Hyatt produces an outstanding blog and there is so much to learn from his posts. I’ve spent a lot of time on his Evernote posts alone. This is a great post about how to efficiently create content for your site.
- 10 Ugly SEO Tools They may not be pretty but they work! There is always something new to learn about SEO and there are a few tools here that you may want to add to your collection.
- Perseverance Pays Off I couldn’t help but hear the chant in my head as I read this article – Rudy! Rudy! Rudy! I think that it’s awesome that this guy got his scholarship. Goes to show that sometimes you just can’t take no for an answer. And his coach got him good.
Image by Lance McCord