"No website is complete without images, photos and other media-related objects and the good news is that WordPress makes working with media on your website very easy and intuitive. This lesson covers how to work with the WordPress media center. Get the full FREE WordPress training course sent straight to your inbox: https://rbrr.co/free-wp-training-yt In the […]"
Table of Contents
- 1. How to figure out your “Why”
- 2. How to choose a niche for your new blog
- 3. How to find your voice and approach
- 4. How to figure out your “who”
- 5. How to choose a domain name
- 6. How to choose your blogging platform
- 7. How to choose the best hosting service for your new blog
- 8. How to Set up a blog website with WordPress
- 9. How to Pick a WordPress Theme
- 10. How to write compelling content for your new blog
- 11. How to optimize your blog content for SEO
- 12. How to promote your blog content
- 13. Why should I start a blog in 2021?
- 14. Is it worth it to start a blog in 2021?
- 15. What kind of blog should I start?
- 16. Should I hire a writer?
- 17. Do I need any special software to start a blog?
- 18. Do I have to use WordPress to start a blog?
- 19. How often should I post to my blog?
- 20. Why do blogs fail?
- 21. Can I start a blog for free?
- 22. Does it cost money to start a blog?
This part should be easy at this point.
You know what you want to blog about and you know what your voice and approach is going to be.
So now, the people that are in your blog audience should become crystal clear.
Clarifying who your target audience and ideal reader is, is one of the most important things you can do for your blog.
Because every single post is something that you’re going to write directly to that person.
It’s important to put all the details together for this person – it will make them more real and easier for you to create content for them.
For your dream reader you need to create a note somewhere where you keep all the details about this person so you can refer back to them when you get stuck.
I keep my dream customer profiles in Evernote which the easiest place for me to find them and they’re accessible anywhere.
First of all, you need to give them a name. They represent real people, right?
So in your note write down their name, their age, their marital status, what they do for a living, and what they earn.
Next, figure out where they’re hanging out online.
This is so important!
There’s no need to reinvent the wheel here – there are a lot of people who’ve already gathered audiences full of your dream readers, all you need to do is figure out where that is and become a valuable part of that community.
Another important component of figuring out who your dream reader is figuring out what end result your dream readers are trying to achieve.
- Are they wanting to lose weight?
- Are they wanting to improve their credit score?
- Are they wanting to build a side hustle?
Knowing what they want to achieve will help you know where to go with your content.
You should also know what their fears are, and the things that are standing in the way of getting what they want to get.
What struggles is your dream reader having? Once you figure out the other things we’ve talked about here, you want to have a clear picture of the problems and struggles they’re facing.
Now that you know these things about your dream reader creating content for your new blog should get a lot easier!