So, in case you live under a rock, or don’t care what SEO is, or don’t know what SEO is, then a lot of things from this week that I found may fly right by you, unnoticed. For the rest of us, it was a rather interesting week.
Matt Cutts declared he’s pulling the plug on guest blogging as an SEO tactic, and some people freaked out. That’s the way it goes most of the time, though. Cutts is like the classic E.F. Hutton commercials from the 70’s – when he talks, people listen.
Lots of good stuff I found this week.
- Not on Instagram? Your Blog Could be Missing Out – I thought this was an interesting idea. I’ve not paid too much attention to Instagram as a marketing tool, but there is some good stuff here.
- What To do After The Guest Blogging Apocalypse – Cooler heads prevail in the discussion regarding guest blogging and Mat Cutts’ statement and the tweet in this post is hilarious, while sadly true. What annoucement you say? Well that one is next….
- The decay and fall of guest blogging for SEO – Matt is putting his virtual foot down, and rightly so. We do want to have nice things Matt!
- 5 New Realities of SEO – This one is from last October, so you may have seen it already if you follow John’s blog, but I think it’s poignant. Context matters. And quality. And social. And authorship. and…
- Who Is On My Wi-Fi Shows You Who Else Is Using Your Network – Always helps to know if someone is snooping around where they shouldn’t be. This will help you make sure honest people are being honest.
- Dangerous Minds | FACEBOOK: I WANT MY FRIENDS BACK – This is also an older post, but is worth the time to re-read. You get the “likes” you want, but then you have to pay to connect and communicate with them?
- Which Loads Faster? – This is a cool tool I found that allows you to test your site speed NHRA style