Welcome to the weekend! How did the week go for you? Did you get some stuff done? Move forward? Ship something?
It was a good, but crazy busy week here. I launched a new site, getting ready to launch a couple more, trying to get caught up on a new service for my clients, all while trying to keep my daughter reasonably busy now that she's on summer break. We're going to try to start learning to write code this summer.
All the while, during all that I found a few cool things to share, so grab your coffee, dig in and enjoy!
- Web 2.0: New Internet domains may include '.lol,' '.bank' – New domain names could be on the way. It will be interesting to see what happens here.
- Ping To Be Removed From Next “Major Release” Of iTunes – Did anyone besides spammers even use this? This one died faster than the latest version of MySpace.
- Is Dark Matter a Glimpse of a Deeper Level of Reality? – Okay – this one is heavy, deep, technical and here because I love astronomy. I'm not sure I even understand all of it, but, from what I can tell it's pretty a cool idea.
- Website Generates Absurd Twitter Bios – Now back to the fun. But be careful, you can get caught wasting time generating bios. You've been warned.
- WordPress › WordPress 3.4 “Green” – WordPress 3.4 is now out and there are some cool new features to it. Watch out for a new post from me this week on new stuff there.
- SitePoint's New Logo — and the Story Behind It – I always love to hear the thought process for creating branding art.
- The $4 Million Complaint Call – Staying committed to doing the right thing doesn't always lead to such high-visibility victories, but this is a great example of one that does.
- What The Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast – Remember that old Army slogan, "we do more before 9am than most people do all day"? It seems to apply to successful people too.
image by Nasa