Wow – this has been a crazy week with all kinds of things going on in the internet world! Godaddy basically crashed taking thousands of sites down with it (oops!), the new iPhone was released and all the pre-orders have already sold out, and Shark Tank started back up again!
I'm a huge fan of Shark Tank and it finally returned last night with the first episode of season 4! Of course our DVR didn't work correctly and it was horribly pixelated and completely unwatchable. But that's fine – we'll just catch it on demand.
Here are some of the resources I found this week – lots of good stuff here, so grab a cup o' joe, and enjoy!
- Shark Tank is back! – Love this show and learn a ton from it.
- Ebay introduces a new logo – Much better than the attempt that the Gap made a couple years back (which was a complete disaster).
- GoDaddy's DNS Servers Go Down, Taking Thousands of Sites With It – Major, gigantic huge outage for the Godaddy folks, and then an apology that just didn't sit right with me.
- Jillian Jensen – Who You Are – X Factor USA S2 (Providence Auditions) – Simply put, if Jillian's story doesn't stir your heart, something is wrong with you. Seriously.
- An SEO’s Ultimate Post-Penguin Checklist – Working in the Niche Site Challenge has inspired me to take a new and deeper look about how Google changes affect SEO, and how I can build my sites wisely in response.
- Google Website Optimizer 101 – Do you know what conversion rate optimization is? Well then, you probably should take a look at this.
- How I Use Crazy Egg To Make More Money (or a CrazyEgg Review) – I've thought about using heatmaps on my sites for a long time now, and just might be ready to pull the trigger after reading this post by Rae Hoffman.
- Google releases Course Builder, takes online learning down an open-source road – Google and open source learning? I think I like this.
- Google+ Ripples Explained – I didn't know what it was either until I read this post.
- Use the Inverted Pyramid for Outreach – I've been studying content creation methods lately and this is a fantastic post by the super smart folks at Outspoken Media.
- Skitch – Important Sharing Updates! – Skitch is great. Evernote is great. Having them both working together is awesome.
- Are Exact-Match Domains (EMDs) in Decline? – This is something we've been discussing in the Niche Site Challenge. Definitely worth taking a look at this one.
- Why Jeff Walker is the $400 Million Dollar Man — And 7 Lessons You Can Learn From Him – Need some inspiration, and a glimmer of hope that all your hardwork will pay off?
- Don’t use social media sharing buttons – I have to say, I've been trimming down my usage of these buttons personally on my sites already. There are some interesting thoughts from Paul Boag here to pay attention to.